When I was starting my own business (a couple of decades ago and prior to the internet) books, classes, finding mentor were the way to learn business development and marketing. I availed myself of all of those. One of the best authors was Jay Conrad Levinson. I use many of words of wisdom still. Below are few.
According to Jay Conrad Levinson, author of Guerilla Marketing.
- You must have commitment to your marketing program.
- Think of that program as an investment
- See to it that your program is consistent
- Make your prospects confident in your firm or service
- You must be patient in order to keep a commitment.
- You must see that marketing is an assortment of weapons
- You must know that profits come subsequent to the sale
- You must aim to run your firm in a way that makes it convenient for your customers
- Put an element of amazement in your marketing.
- Use measurement to judge the effectiveness of your weapons
- Establish a situation of involvement between you and your customers
- Learn to become dependent upon other businesses and they upon you.
- You must be skilled with the armament of … technology.