Turning contacts into clients is the goal of networking. Follow these simply commandments and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
- Have your networking tools with you at all times.
- Set a goal for the number of people you’ll meet.
- Act like a host, not a guest.
- Listen, and ask the five “W” questions: who, what, where, when, and why.
- Give a lead or referral whenever possible.
- Describe your service in sixty seconds.
- Exchange business cards with the people you meet.
- Spend ten minutes or less with each person you meet.
- Write comments on the backs of the business cards you collect
- Follow up with the people you meet.
Quoted from Ivan Misner’s “The World’s Best Known Marketing Secret”
For help with your marketing and practice-building endeavors contact Natalie J. Armstrong-Motin directly at email@example.com